Sunday, November 28, 2010

Alphabeasties!

The end of the semester and and the holidays turns November and December into a blur. I'm super excited to finish up my last semester of classes before student teaching. They're really interesting and I really hope I can get everything done the way I want before the end of the semester.

While studying at the library, I found this clever book called Alphabeasties and other AmaZing Types by Sharon Werner and Sarah Foss.

 It's a flip book with an animal illustrated in one letter for each letter of the alphabet. The letters are then turned into a couple smaller illustrations using the different cases and different fonts to showcase something else about the letter. This is definitely geared toward lower elementary students if you're reinforcing the alphabet, however, one could easily show this to even high school age students and ask them to pick a letter and created a type-based illustration. The content and design of this book is very cool and worth taking a peek. I love it and the kids do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment