Monday, August 8, 2011

Freebies!

As I try to get my materials in order for a potential job, I stumbled across this great list of free things at the Incredible Art Department including the New Teacher's Survival Guide (PDF). The list at the Incredible Art Department is awesome and includes freebies like posters, artwork, books, magazines, and technology (printers and computers). The survival guide has a lot of good advice and ready-to-go worksheets like self-assessment worksheets and class grade sheets. There's a ton of material packed inside.

At the end of January, I ran up to my local book stores and bought every art calendar I could for $1 a piece. I'm missing some of the masters because those sold out, but still managed to score lesser known artists like Inuit and Woodcuts.

Any other tips for freebies or cheap classroom resources? Does anybody extreme coupon? Write for grants? I'm always looking for ways to be resourceful and to maximize my budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment