Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Student Teaching: High School Edition

As promised, here are some of the amazing projects completed by my students during the seven weeks I worked at the high school. I had the following five preps every day: ceramics, sculpture, advanced 3-D, advanced 2-D, and art 1. Throughout that time time, I completed units on Photoshop (digital collage self portrait), fibers (felt sculptures), drawing (Chuck Close-style self portraits), printmaking (linoleum block printing and screen printing), and assemblage (Alison and Betye Saar-style sculptures). I assisted on the Claes Oldenburg-style enlarged sculptures and various ceramics assignments (bowls, boxes, rattles, and masks).

I was so impressed with the level of talent from students and was surprised that there weren't any seniors planning careers in art. Two extraordinary students won silver and gold keys from Scholastic Arts & Writing Awards in ceramics and sculpture. Check out this amazing work:
Mask (Sculpture)

Mask (Sculpture)

Rose with petal construction (Advanced 3-D)

Fish with petal construction (Advanced 3-D)

Monster rattle (Ceramics)

Mask (Ceramics)
Mask (Advanced 3-D)
Bowl with painted inside (Ceramics)

Bowl with painted inside (Ceramics)

Bowl with carved outside (Ceramics)

Fibers/felted wall hanging (Advanced 3-D)

Fibers/felted pod frontside (Advanced 3-D)


Fibers/felted pod backside (Advanced 3-D)

Fibers/felted ladybug - being dyed red (Advanced 3-D)


My experience at both grade levels has excited and eager to get into a classroom of my own ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment